[Xorg-driver-geode] Geode GX2 + CS5535 broken GPIO

Gideon Romm gideon at symbio-technologies.com
Tue Aug 5 09:50:58 PDT 2008

Just reporting:

On Geode GX2 units with CS5535 companion board, the geode driver breaks
with:

"Could not find the GPIO I/O base"

Inspection of the code reveals that this is because the CS5536 GPIO
registers are hard coded in geode_ddc.c.  On a CS5535-based unit, this
causes the complete system to hang.  The "amd" driver previously and the
current "nsc" driver do not have this issue.

I wonder why it was necessary to introduce the hard code for the CS5536.
Also, I do not see any xorg.conf flag or option to disable the DDC probing.
I think disabling the DDC probe for now, would allow me to use the geode
driver on this board.

Thanks,

-Gideon