[Xorg-driver-geode] xf86-vdeo-geode in FreeBSD 7.0

Arrigo Marchiori ardovm at yahoo.it
Thu Apr 10 00:51:04 PDT 2008

First of all, hello to everybody.

My name is Arrigo, and I subscribed to this mailing list because I
need to have a free software OS running on a Geode LX platform.

I am currently trying to use FreeBSD. I hope I can share my (very
small) experience with it, and therefore minimally contribute with the
development of this driver.

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 11:04:13AM +0300, Mehmet PALA wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am running  FreeBSD 7.0 on AAEON PFM-540i PC 104 Cpu Module.
>
> Can I use this driver on FreeBSD for graphic card? Does it work?
>
> Because I can't build it on FreeBSD.
>
> My build error is pasted below.

I managed to build on FreeBSD 6.3 doing the following modifications to
the source code:

 1- inside file src/geode_msr.c, after the #include's, add the
    following lines:

#define lseek64 lseek
#define off64_t off_t

 2- in the whole source tree, find all the files containing the string
    "z4l.c" and remove it. This could be tricky in some files if you
    don't know the syntax. For instance:

SOMETHING = \
	  z4l.c

    must be changed into just:

SOMETHING =

    that is: also the backslash must disappear.

Do these modifications on the freshly unpacked driver. Afterwards, you
should run ./configure and make.

I think that the Best Way(TM) should let the configure script detect
the OS and insert some #ifdefs and similar stuff that automatically
adapt the code to the system. I don't have any experience with
multi-platform configure scripts, though.

--
rigo

http://rigo.altervista.org