[Xorg-driver-geode] Flickering Seen On Changing Resolution

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Sun Dec 23 09:34:07 PST 2007

On 21/12/07 17:54 +0530, pratish ganguly wrote:
> Dear Jordan
>
> As for the display settings in BIOS, the display being used here is a
> TFT Panel. There is provision for a secondary CRT display to be
> attached to the system, for which the CRT option is also enabled
> (though not enabled explicitly in the BIOS).

Okay - so you have a TFT panel.  That changes things.
I assume you have a 1280x1024 panel.   What are the manufacturer recommended
timings for that panel (check the documentation).

> 2.  Set Output display to Flat panel, in Flat Panel configuration, set
> type to TFT , set resolution to 1024x768. In xorg.conf commented
> "panel configuration" command. commented modeline options.
>         result: system boots into 1024x768 resolution.

Does this flicker?

> 3.  Set Output display to Flat panel, in Flat Panel configuration, set
> type to TFT , set resolution to 1280x1024. In xorg.conf commented
> "panel configuration" command. commented modeline options.
>         result: system unable to boot into 1280x1024 resolution. X
> could not start up.

okay - this is the interesting failure mode - please send me the log
file from this scenario.  We should be able to understand a 1280x1024
panel.  Make sure all the modelines are commented out, or this will
confuse the system.

Jordan