possible kerning bug in LibreOffice on Ubuntu with xorg-driver-ati

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Tue Jan 26 19:23:23 PST 2016

On 26.01.2016 21:59, Stijn Cornelissen wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> I have a kerning bug in LibreOffice on Ubuntu. I posted a bug report
> with both the Document Foundation and Ubuntu Launchpad. I got some
>
> During the process, we found out that the bug only occurs with the
> xorg-driver-ati,

It looks like the primary GPU of your system is an Intel IGP, so the
Radeon GPU/driver shouldn't be actively involved with LibreOffice. You
could try removing the xserver-xorg-video-radeon package to verify this
hypothesis.

> not with the proprietary fglrx driver.

When you tried that, maybe it was using the Radeon GPU for everything
instead of the Intel one?