Kaveri XV

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Sun Nov 16 20:59:09 PST 2014

On 16.11.2014 16:52, James Cloos wrote:

> MD> Are these issues the same with other video player apps?
>
> It took me a while to test....
>
> Xine defaults to vdpau and does not show those anomalies.

Then the issues with VDPAU and OpenGL might be at least in part due to
mplayer. Have you tried mpv or mplayer2?

> JC>> Is the issue with xv a bug in glamor?  Or elsewhere?
>
> MD> If the issue is tearing, glamor from xserver 1.16.99.901 or current
> MD> Git master might work better.
>
> I'm on git master for everything xorg/mesa.
>
> But the output is not like any tearing I've seen before.
>
> It is reminiscent of some odd reception issues I recall from the days of
> analog TV.
>
> I do not know whether that also is called tearing.

I'm afraid we'd need more information about this problem, e.g. a video /
photo / screenshot / ... showing it.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  http://www.amd.com
Libre software enthusiast          |                Mesa and X developer