Kaveri XV

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Mon Nov 10 06:02:50 PST 2014

MD> Right now, the only way to avoid tearing with the radeonsi driver is
MD> to use VDPAU or OpenGL output in fullscreen, so page flipping can be
MD> used.

The vdpau driver works just as well w/o full screen as it does w/.

I've found, though, that it alternates between a white screen and
working.  So sometimes I have to quit and re-run to see the vid.
Sometimes several times until it works.

The opengl driver, OTOH, alternates between no updates (except when
jumping back or forward) and working.

Is the issue with xv a bug in glamor?  Or elsewhere?

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6