Kaveri XV

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Fri Nov 7 14:57:53 PST 2014

Is XV expected to work with a Kaveri and current git master everything?

I get a weird effect.  Not quite like tearing, but repeated down the
display about a dozen times or so.

One time (but only once) I also saw that when using:

  mplayer -vo vdpau:hqscaling=1

After I noticed that, I remembered vdpauinfo(1); it says that HIGH
QUALITY SCALING is not supported.

Hmmm.  Now I just found an mp4 where vdpau gives flashing (but not like
the xv flashing), but xv works.  For that file, ffprobe reports:

 Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 1280x720
   [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 2300 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 1k tbn, 50 tbc (default)

But that also is what ffprobe reports of other files where gl and xv fail.

So all of vo xv, vo vdpau and vo gl are hit-n-miss.  Even when the video
files have the same ffprobe stream output.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6