RFC on major r128 update

Pablo Daniel Estigarribia Davyt pablodav at gmail.com
Sun May 18 10:05:15 PDT 2014

Hello,

I want to thanks to *Connor Behan for this:*
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-ati/2014-May/026219.html

I was reading previous message, and I could say it's very helpful that
someone is taking care of old drivers like this.

We have at least 10 computers in a secondary school at Fray Bentos,
Uruguay. that needs this driver and now thanks to this updates we will be
able to work with latest linux distros.

We have some problem with performance so we had to disable compositor on
xfce, also there is some issues with frequency detection for some monitors,
but nothing that can't be fixed with some work in xorg.conf or usage of
xrandr command.

Thanks a lot for your job, I will be pleased to help if some test is
needed.

Cheers,

--
Pablo Estigarribia.