How to easily swap the connector order?

Alex Deucher agd5f at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 19:24:04 PDT 2013

>________________________________

It has nothing to do with multi-seat.  Most people just use xrandr or whatever gui tool their distor provides to adjust displays on the fly.  The only reason you need to use an xorg.conf like above is if you want independent X screens on the same card.  For historical reasons that mode of operation is called Zaphod mode, hence ZaphodHeads.

>Can I leave out the monitor-* options? In xorg.conf, I still have two
>Screen objects where the monitors and devices are linked together... not
>sure what is the correct way today.

You only need the monitors sections if you want to force certain behavior in the monitors (e.g., rotation or specific modelines).  If your monitor sections are empty, you can skip them.  Also, you can remove the the "monitor-OUTPUT" lines from your config if you just set the monitor identifier to the name of the output.  E.g,

Section "Monitor"

    Identifier "HDMI-0"

EndSection