Q: 'MacModel' replacement for radeon driver?

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:36:42 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at arcor.de> wrote:
> Hi Alex:
>
> I wish you a very happy new year 2013,. and a again thanks a lot for your
> help!
>
> Am 03.01.13 02:30 schrieb(en) Alex Deucher:
>
>> Does the attached patch help?
>

> Unfortunately not - again, the first boot screen is visible, then the
> display flickers, and the shades/lines/pixels appear during the text mode
> boot process.  Then X launches, and again the shades/lines/pixels appear.
> Logs and regs dump attached.

hmmm... everything else looks pretty good.  Try the attached patch.
Maybe the pll isn't quite right.  You might try diffing the 2 reg
dumps you sent me originally and using them as a guide to identify
which registers are problematic.  Boot up to the broken state and then
use radeonreg to set the registers to the values from the working
dump.  e.g.,
radeonreg regset 0x00000250 0x009f0013

Some of the registers are related the memory configuration of each
driver so try the following registers:
00000050 03000600
00000054 00008048
00000058 ff002102