Q: 'MacModel' replacement for radeon driver?

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 10:44:49 PST 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at arcor.de> wrote:
> Hi Alex!
>
> Am 21.12.12 17:52 schrieb(en) Alex Deucher:
>
>> Ok, it's definitely DDC_DVI.  There's a chance apple used external tmds,
>> but I doubt it.  You can try the attached patch.
>

> Doesn't work.  Yaboot screen appears, and briefly (~1 second) the first boot
> screen.  Then the display flickers, and the shades/lines/pixels appear while
> the box is booting (in text mode).  When X starts, the display flickers
> again, "resetting" all the garbage, which then appears again.
>

>> I suspect internal tmds support may just be broken in the driver for some
>> setups.  I haven't tested an r1xx card in a while.
>

> Anything I can test there?  Where?

Sounds like internal tmds may be broken in kms.  Probably easiest to
dump the registers from a working setup (console fb, or old version of
the driver) and a non-working setup (driver with the attached patch
applied).  Then send me the output.  You can use radeonreg available
here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/radeontool/

As root, in a working setup run:
./radeonreg regs radeon > working.regs
then switch to the broken setup and run:
./radeonreg regs radeon > broken.regs