Q: 'MacModel' replacement for radeon driver?

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at arcor.de
Fri Dec 21 09:56:07 PST 2012

Hi Alex!

Am 21.12.12 17:52 schrieb(en) Alex Deucher:
> Ok, it's definitely DDC_DVI.  There's a chance apple used external tmds, but I doubt it.  You can try the attached patch.

Doesn't work.  Yaboot screen appears, and briefly (~1 second) the first boot screen.  Then the display flickers, and the shades/lines/pixels appear while the box is booting (in text mode).  When X starts, the display flickers again, "resetting" all the garbage, which then appears again.

> I suspect internal tmds support may just be broken in the driver for some setups.  I haven't tested an r1xx card in a while.

Anything I can test there?  Where?

Best, Albrecht.