Cannot get radeon hd4290 working with KMS

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Tue Mar 29 02:57:20 PDT 2011

On Die, 2011-03-29 at 11:46 +0200, A. Bischof wrote:
> Am 29.03.2011 11:24, schrieb Michel Dänzer:
> > On Die, 2011-03-29 at 11:07 +0200, A. Bischof wrote:
> >>
> >> And btw, System Settings in KDE tells me "Compositing is not supported
> >> on your system".
> >
> > IIRC the KDE check for this doesn't always work correctly and can be
> > overridden. If that still doesn't help, you could try using the XRender
> > backend for compositing.
>
> Hm, no idea how to do this - override and XRender backend - could you
> tell me? XRender is maybe about xorg.conf I guess?

No, it's all in the KDE configuration. I can't help you more with that
as I don't normally use KDE.

> Option "AccelDFS" "off"

BTW, this option decreases performance, so it's not recommended if
things work properly without it.

Your other options shouldn't have any effect, either because they're the
default or they're not supported with KMS.