Interlace mode refused

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Aug 16 05:35:32 PDT 2010

On 15/08/2010 12:10, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> For some time, I've been using an X1250 and the radeon driver to drive
> a TV via a VGA => SCART circuit. For some reason, with my latest
> installation my mode line is refused with the message "interlace mode
> not supported". I at first assumed this meant that interlace support
> had been dropped from the radeon driver, but then I built v 6.12.4
> which was one I'd previously used with success. So I'm guessing
> it is some other part of xorg, or a config difference.
>
> Please help. I have no real understanding of X and I'm at a complete
> loss as to what to try.
>
> Attached are the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d and
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log. This using opensuse 11.3

Found and old log from when interlace did used to work. Noticed it
wasn't using EXA, and that XAA was being rejected, so I wondered
whether turning off render acceleration would help. Stuck

Option "RenderAccel" "false"

in conf, but still no luck: my mode is still being rejected with
"interlace not supported". Still I have no idea what else in X
can make the driver decide to refuse interlace modes. :-(

Really hoping that some generous expert is going to take pity
on me.

Paul.