KDE taskbar partially dark gray (Radeon HD 5770)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 15:05:33 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Martin Stolpe <martinstolpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 15 April 2010 12:06:40 am Mark Knecht wrote:
>> >
>> > Looks like a software issue.  not sure if it's with kde or the
>> > xserver.  Does gnome or any other X environment show something
>> > similar?
>> >
>> > Alex
>>
>> No, Gnome and XFCE don't have this problem, but it is starting to seem
>> like they might have some sort of root window problem in common. In
>> both I cannot set wallpaper. It acts like it's happening but there's
>> no change on the screen. I realize it's a difficult comparison as too
>> many things are changing to really know where it's coming from.
>>
>> I just thought I'd ask here if:
>>
>> 1) Any other Radeon HD 5770 users were seeing it? (Are there any other
>> HD 5770 users?)
>> 2) Are any other Radeon users seeing it?
>>
>> If no one speaks up in a day or two then I'll report it upstream to Gentoo.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>
> Hello,
> I've had the same problem.
>
> Can you try to change to another theme and then change back to the Air theme?
> System Settings -> Appearance -> Style -> Workspace
>
> Change the theme there apply and then try Air again. I haven't filed a bug
> report yet, but if the theme is ok after you've reloaded it, it could be a bug
> in KDE.
>
> Best regards,
> Martin

Hi Martin,
   Generally speaking you are right. It's the same problem. I've
posted a couple more photos for the devs to look at if they care to.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29328985@N03/

1) I first switched to another theme and then switched back to Air.
The task bar looked better but now picked up some new patterns,
possibly from the desktop pattern or some place else.

2) I log out and back in and the dark area is back but the new pattern
lines remain.

Strange stuff but certainly I can live with a quick setting by hand
once or twice a day until someone figures this out.

Cheers,
Mark