KDE taskbar partially dark gray (Radeon HD 5770)

Martin Stolpe martinstolpe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 00:31:14 PDT 2010

On Thursday 15 April 2010 12:06:40 am Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> OK - created a Flickr account. Hopefully the link will work. There's a
> >> lot of resolution so you can zoom in much tighter.
> >
> > Looks like a software issue.  not sure if it's with kde or the
> > xserver.  Does gnome or any other X environment show something
> > similar?
> >
> > Alex
>
> No, Gnome and XFCE don't have this problem, but it is starting to seem
> like they might have some sort of root window problem in common. In
> both I cannot set wallpaper. It acts like it's happening but there's
> no change on the screen. I realize it's a difficult comparison as too
> many things are changing to really know where it's coming from.
>
> I just thought I'd ask here if:
>
> 1) Any other Radeon HD 5770 users were seeing it? (Are there any other
> HD 5770 users?)
> 2) Are any other Radeon users seeing it?
>
> If no one speaks up in a day or two then I'll report it upstream to Gentoo.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Hello,
I've had the same problem.

Can you try to change to another theme and then change back to the Air theme?
System Settings -> Appearance -> Style -> Workspace

Change the theme there apply and then try Air again. I haven't filed a bug
report yet, but if the theme is ok after you've reloaded it, it could be a bug
in KDE.

Best regards,
Martin