rv630 + dri on = massive corruption

Pauli Nieminen suokkos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 17:26:03 PDT 2009

2009/9/11 Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj at terra.es>

> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 19:23:57 -0400, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The problem is that you have an AGP card.  Try adjusting the AGP
> > aperture size in the bios.  if that doesn't work, you can try using
> > the internal gart rather than AGP.  Add:
> > Option "BusType" "PCIE"
> > to the device section of your xorg config.
>
> Adding the option to my config worked. There are occasional glitches
> but nothing that I can't live with.
>
> So, is agp going unsupported nowadays or is this a bug I should
> report?
>
> Thank you a ton. I haven't been able to use the radeon driver with
> this card until now.
> --
> Jesús Guerrero

AGP is not unsupported but it is problematic. I'm trying to solve the
problem but trial-and-error style testing didn't solve all the problems so
I'm now trying to write a simple test case to exploit the agp transfer
problems and fix them.

My own system is currently running with only about a glyph lost per hour in
agp mode with some 3D game running. But that is not yet acceptable solution
so it takes sometime before the agp problem will be fixed. (For me old card
in PCI mode is running nearly 10 times slower than in agp mode so it isn't
option)