kwin4 argb missing problem

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 08:44:40 PDT 2009

Em Tuesday 07 July 2009, Michel Dänzer escreveu:
> On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 16:44 -0300, Lamarque Vieira Souza wrote:

> > > Please provide Xorg.0.log and glxinfo output from running without that
> > > option.
> >
> > 	Here they are.
>
> Not sure what's up - you don't have $XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS set in your
> environment by any chance?
>
> If that's not it, try upgrading to xserver 1.6 and mesa 7.4 if possible.

	Great, now it is working :-) Thank you for your help. I still only have 16
glx visuals but the 32 depth one is there and the effects works now. And I did
a mistake, the $XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS was set, I did a test last month I
forgot to unset it in /etc/profile. Now I need to make DRI2 work to avoid the
conflicts between DRI applications (Googleearth in my case) and the composite
effects. For now I set kwin4 to use XRender instead of OpenGL, this way the
effects does not conflicts with DRI applications, but even the kwin4
developers say to avoid using kwin4's effects with XRender because the effects
have not been well tested with XRender. Do you know what is the state of DRI2
for the radeon driver? Is there any chance to have DRI2 and radeon working
together this year?

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm