fixed aspect scaling and 16:10 modes

Rafi Rubin rafi at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Apr 10 12:57:08 PDT 2009

It seems that after one of the updates in march the driver stopped respecting the modelines I defined in my xorg.conf.  It also ignores my requested resolution list, which hadn't included any 4:3 modes.  Is this behavior intentional?  I had resorted to adding my favorites with xrandr in my .Xsession, though I've finally just added them to the list of resolutions in the source.

Also how can I determine if my setup will support fixed aspect ratio scaling?  Is there anything I can do to help get that working, or help test it?

Rafi