AMD 780G, anyone?

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 08:42:05 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Alexander Sabourenkov
<screwdriver at lxnt.info> wrote:
> Magnus Hörlin wrote:
>  > michael lang wrote:
>  >> export ACLOCAL="aclocal -I/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal"
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  > I reinstalled from scratch and managed to compile and get radeon running
>  > but only on VGA. HDMI was black but everything looked normal in the log
>  > file (even though it's 240kB) and it could read edid on hdmi. When I
>  > connected VGA, there was my desktop. Is there any way to force HDMI in
>  > xorg.xonf or is there something wrong here?
>
>  That's most likely VGA output being considered 'main' one.
>  Please look at the output of 'xrandr' command and the order of outputs
>  in it. Then please try logging in and out having only one output connected.

These are unrelated issues.

>  I experience same problem with X1600 Pro under Gutsy, if I connect TV to
>  the S-video port.
>
>  Output order is VGA, S-video, DVI and normally only the monitor is
>  connected to the DVI output.
>
>  When I connect a TV to the S-video output and boot or restart X, monitor
>  does not come up. It appears connected, but without mode selected in
>  xrandr output. Issuing a command like:

This is due to the fact that tv-out does not work reliably yet.  We
are able to detect a tv connected so the driver considers it connected
and activates it, however it doesn't light up.  We should probably
just disable tv-out for now on r5xx/r6xx chips until we get it working
more reliably.