Interlaced VGA capability possibly lost between v4.2.0 and v4.3.0

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Dec 9 15:13:10 PST 2008

Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>> I have a Radeon 9000 producing interlaced 720x576 successfully
>> on one system but not another. Admittedly they are different Linux
>> distrobitions, so the difference could potentially be anywhere,
>> but the Xorg looks - to my untrained eye - to suggest that the
>> problem is with xorg or the radeon driver. Is there any chance that
>> a change between v4.2.0 and v4.3.0 could have lost the capability
>> for interlaced output?
>>
>> Attached are the conf files and logs. It would be grate if
>> someone wouldn't mind having a quick look. If it's likely
>> that it is a difference in the radeon driver, I could have a go
>> at using the older version on both systems.
>
> At some point during the xrandr 1.2 transition in the radeon driver,
> certain interlaced configurations broke.  This should be fixed now in
> ati git master.

Magic. As you say, latest from git master (reports as 6.9.0) works.
I can now drive my TV's Scart from the 9000s VGA port.

Playback isn't as smooth as I was seeing with 4.2.0, but I'm testing
6.9.0 on a completely different system to 4.2.0. I'll try 6.9.0 on
the other system next.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
	Paul.