x1250 image corruption

Alex Rades alerades at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 08:42:16 PDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Alex Rades <alerades at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I own a x1250 board, I'm using git version of drm and xf86-video-ati, and
> > I've managed to have Xv working. But when i run xcompmgr, images on
> screen
> > became corrupted in many ways. Do you have suggestion on how to fix this?
> > I'm using Exa acceleration.
>
> the EXA composite hooks currently have issues on IGP chips.  I planned
> to fix them up this week, but I had some personal stuff come up.  For
> now you can disable the render composite hooks with:
> Option "RenderAccel" "FALSE"

Ok, tried latest git and Xv works fine (yeeah!)
Basically now I'm trying to put some graphics over the Xv video, with an SDL
application which uses an argb visual and draws some part of the window as
transparent.  I've tried this application on an Intel and Nvidia boards and
it works ok. Here, the per-pixel alpha isn't honoured. Please also note that
transset works fine.
I'm using AccelMethod EXA and RenderAccel FALSE (all other settings are
defaults).

Thanks!