x1250 image corruption

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 14:14:44 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Alex Rades <alerades at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I own a x1250 board, I'm using git version of drm and xf86-video-ati, and
> I've managed to have Xv working. But when i run xcompmgr, images on screen
> became corrupted in many ways. Do you have suggestion on how to fix this?
> I'm using Exa acceleration.

the EXA composite hooks currently have issues on IGP chips.  I planned
to fix them up this week, but I had some personal stuff come up.  For
now you can disable the render composite hooks with:
Option "RenderAccel" "FALSE"

>  Thanks
>
> P.S. do you have plans to implement kernel modesettings like the intel
> driver?

It's planned.  There is even some initial support in the
modesetting-101 branch of drm git.  Nothing user ready yet.