xf86-video-ati + compiz = white or black screen

Marius Groeger mgroeger at sysgo.com
Fri Sep 21 00:43:41 PDT 2007

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > I'm using Mesa git HEAD. Desktop size is 1400x1050 but I also tried
> > reducing it according to your hint - to no avail.
>
> What does
>
> glxinfo -l|grep GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE = 2048

> Usually GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap not working properly. Which version
> of xserver are you building and running xf86-video-ati against? What

xserver-xorg-core                 1.3.0.0.dfsg-12ubuntu4feisty
xserver-xorg-dev                  1.3.0.0.dfsg-12ubuntu3feisty1

from Trevino's repositories. AFAIK this is a 1.3 server with some
enhancements from 1.3.99. I haven't gotten around to building the
xserver myself just yet...

3

> say? Is compiz running with LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1?

I think so, yes. The compiz wrapper scripts reports this:

Adding compiz option --replace to command line
Checking for Unsupported sessions: not present.
Checking for nVidia: not present.
Checking for Xgl: not present.
Checking for FBConfig: present.
Checking for texture_from_pixmap: not present.
Trying again with indirect rendering:
Checking for texture_from_pixmap: present.
Checking for copy texture support: present.
Checking for Intel: not present.
Checking for non power of two support: present.
Checking for Composite extension: present.
Checking for XDamage extension: present.
Checking for XSync extension: present.
Detected 1 screen(s)
Checks indicate compiz should work on your system
Found KDE desktop environment running...
Found running windows manager: kwin
Setting fallback windows manager to kwin
Starting delayed kde-window-decorator in the background: sleeping 1.5...
Exporting:  LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 KDEWM=/usr/bin/compiz
Executing: /usr/bin/compiz.real --ignore-desktop-hints --replace --sm-disable ccp

Regards
Marius