[radeonhd] Necessary for 3D

Jerome Glisse glisse at freedesktop.org
Mon Oct 1 02:25:16 PDT 2007

Syren Baran wrote:
> Hi,
> since i´m not too deep into X, could someone tell me which functions
> have to be implemented before its possible to get a kernel module going?
> BTW, are there already any documents released which document the
> necessary registers?
>
> Thanks,
> Syren

Kernel module isn't the only things you need to have 3D.
Anyway i believe that with minimum hack you can use the
radeon(r300) drm driver and mesa r300 driver to have 3D,
things is that this need that you add all dri initialization
in radeonhd which is bit painful (my personal taste here :))

On side note my opinion on this is that we should start a
brand new gallium driver with ttm from the ground but this
might not fit Suse plan which likely need to support older
X & kernel (i am so sorry for you ;)).

Cheers,
Jerome Glisse