Request for review: Radeon RENDER repeat acceleration for (sm)all POT sizes

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Oct 23 03:57:47 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 22:11 -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On 10/22/06, Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> >
> > The attached patch reduces the requirement for pitches to be a multiple
> > of 32 instead of 64 and thus allows accelerating all POT sizes. It
> > worked perfectly for me on R200 (M9) but causes lockups on a Radeon 7200
> > in a Mac Cube. Does anyone spot any obvious problems?
>
> Nothing obvious pops out afer a cursory glance.  Does it work on r100
> on LE?

Haven't got a chance to try that, but I'm sure Dave will. :)

> Perhaps r100 only likes to be programmed via the mixed OFFSET_PITCH regs
> rather than the individual regs. Or perhaps if you program the mixed regs
> you have to stick to them only rather than mixing operations with the
> individual regs.

Thanks for the ideas, but interestingly, it seems to work even on that
machine with XAA instead of EXA. I thought I had tried that, but
apparently not. I don't see what could be the problem with the EXA
changes though.

PS: Would be nice if you could trim irrelevant context from your posts,
such as that below: