Request for review: Radeon RENDER repeat acceleration for (sm)all POT sizes

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 19:11:16 PDT 2006

On 10/22/06, Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:

> The attached patch reduces the requirement for pitches to be a multiple
> of 32 instead of 64 and thus allows accelerating all POT sizes. It
> worked perfectly for me on R200 (M9) but causes lockups on a Radeon 7200
> in a Mac Cube. Does anyone spot any obvious problems?

Nothing obvious pops out afer a cursory glance.  Does it work on r100
on LE?  Perhaps r100 only likes to be programmed via the mixed
OFFSET_PITCH regs rather than the individual regs. Or perhaps if you
program the mixed regs you have to stick to them only rather than
mixing operations with the individual regs.

Alex