[ANNOUNCE] rendercheck 1.6

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 15:27:56 UTC 2024

On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:12 AM <tlaronde at kergis.com> wrote:

> In the commits, I note this:
>
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 03:53:39PM -0400, Matt Turner wrote:
> >[...]
> > Eric Anholt (10):
> >       [...]
> >       Remove the autotools build system.
>
> There are OSes that do not ship with Python. During an intermim
> period, couldn't we provide _both_ autotools and meson? in order to
> not wreak havoc releases for such OSes.

This is not really a core component of X by any measure. I don't have
any interest in restoring autotools (which was removed in the git repo
in 2017).

The upstream xserver and current releases of xwayland and mesa only
have meson build systems. I think y'all (OpenBSD?) probably need to
find another solution.