[ANNOUNCE] rendercheck 1.6

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Apr 24 15:35:41 UTC 2024

On 4/24/24 04:12, tlaronde at kergis.com wrote:
> In the commits, I note this:
>
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 03:53:39PM -0400, Matt Turner wrote:
>> [...]
>> Eric Anholt (10):
>>        [...]
>>        Remove the autotools build system.
>
> There are OSes that do not ship with Python. During an intermim
> period, couldn't we provide _both_ autotools and meson? in order to
> not wreak havoc releases for such OSes.

We did that a number of years ago.  This is not the first X.Org package to
require meson - the Xwayland, libxcvt, libpciaccess, intel-gpu-tools, and
xisxwayland packages all do as well and the number is slowly increasing over
time.  (And of course, the Mesa & pixman packages that our X servers depend on,
and many packages from GNOME and other projects have also already done so.)

OS'es that don't ship python will have to build & install that package before
building X.Org packages.

         -Alan Coopersmith-                 alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
          Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris