Must eglCreateImageKHR support gbm_bo as EGLImage source in order to use glamor?

Luc luc at sietium.com
Tue Nov 17 06:07:38 UTC 2020

greetings to all,
recently I am plumbing how to use glamor to accelerate 2D rendering. I found that it seems to require gbm and EGL_KHR_image_pixmap.
Bool
glamor_egl_create_textured_pixmap_from_gbm_bo(PixmapPtr pixmap, struct gbm_bo *bo, Bool used_modifiers)
{
    image = eglCreateImageKHR(glamor_egl->display, glamor_egl->context, EGL_NATIVE_PIXMAP_KHR, bo, NULL);
}

if an implementation of eglCreateImageKHR have no support for gbm_bo, it'll return EGL_NO_IMAGE_KHR.
So my question is, is that necessary to have eglCreateImageKHR supported for gbm_bo in order to get glamor worked?

thanks,
Luc