xorgproto header installation conflicts

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Nov 18 19:59:40 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-11-15 at 11:08 +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've updated pkgsrc to use xorgproto 2019.2, still installing the
> legacy headers with --enable-legacy, and we had to fix a couple
> conflicts:
>
> * XKBgeom.h is provided by libX11 1.6.9
> * vlcXvMC.h is provided by libXvMC 1.0.12
>
> I guess as long as they are installed by the other libraries, they
> should not be installed by xorgproto. Or should they be removed from
> the other libraries?

If you're building xorgproto with  --enable-legacy it's up to you to
handle the packaging conflict, presumably remove them manually in
either xorgproto xor in the libraries. If you wanted to a patch for the
libraries to detect which kind of xorgproto you had and handle it
gracefully there instead, point me at the merge request. ;)

- ajax