Anyone have a backup of XFree86 CVS?

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Feb 5 22:00:48 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-02-05 at 15:24 -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:
> I've asked this a couple of times on IRC, repeating it here for wider
> distribution. I had thought I had a git import laying around somewhere
> but I can't seem to find it. cvs.xfree86.org hasn't been alive in a
> long time, and it'd be a shame if that history just got lost,
> fragmentary as it was. If anyone has a working git import, or a cvsps
> mirror or other copy of the cvsroot, or knows someone who does, please
> let us know so we can preserve some history.

Well that was fast! Got a copy of the cvsroot for 3.x/4.x, hooray. I'll
take a crack at importing that to git once xserver 1.20 is out.

If anyone has copies of the release tarballs prior to 3.3.6, or of any
pre-3.x CVS or RCS history (no idea if that even exists), that would
still be very cool to have for the archive.

- ajax