Proposed X server 1.19 schedule

Aaron Plattner aplattner at nvidia.com
Thu Sep 15 18:07:58 UTC 2016

On 09/13/2016 10:27 PM, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On 09.09.2016 20:18, Aaron Plattner wrote:

>>> Yeah, sounds good. We don't usually get many changes during the critical
>>> bug window anyways.
>>
>> When do you want to freeze the ABI? It would be good to get Alex's prime
>> sync changes in an official ABI and run through our QA test cycle before
>> the release.
>
> that was merged on Jun 28th.

Right. What I meant is that I need to flip the switch in our driver to
report ABI 23 as officially supported, get a driver built, and have it
run through an internal QA test cycle so we can release it around the
same time as xserver 1.19. In order to do that, I need to know that the
ABI isn't going to change again before the release.

-- Aaron