Proposed X server 1.19 schedule

Laércio de Sousa laerciosousa at sme-mogidascruzes.sp.gov.br
Thu Sep 8 10:41:22 UTC 2016

Please consider reviewing my latest Xephyr patches (at least the latest one
- I'm afraid things may break in Xephyr running in mui-seat mode after
Keith's new event-handling API):

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/89109/
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/89110/
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/89108/

> Following the 'release early and often' mantra, we should probably get
> 1.19 out the door and let people start using the new code.
>
> I'd like to propose that we figure out what remaining non-bug changes
> we'd like to get merged in the next week (or two?), then move into a
> non-critical bug fix period for two weeks followed by three or four
> weeks of critical bug fixing and testing. That would look like:
>
>         Development cycle ends: 2016-9-10
>         Non-critical bugs:      2016-9-24
>         Critical-bugs:          2016-10-22
>
> We can chat about how things are going at XDC, of course.
>
> This is only a proposal; let's try to generate some rough consensus in
> the next day or two on a final schedule.
>
> --
> -keith

*Laércio de Sousa*
*Orientador de Informática*
*Escola Municipal "Professor Eulálio Gruppi"*
*Rua Ismael da Silva Mello, 559, Mogi Moderno*
*Mogi das Cruzes - SPCEP 08717-390*
Telefone: (11) 4726-8313