Proposed X server 1.19 schedule

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sun Sep 4 09:18:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 02-09-16 07:33, Keith Packard wrote:

> Following the 'release early and often' mantra, we should probably get
> 1.19 out the door and let people start using the new code.
>
> I'd like to propose that we figure out what remaining non-bug changes
> we'd like to get merged in the next week (or two?), then move into a
> non-critical bug fix period for two weeks followed by three or four
> weeks of critical bug fixing and testing. That would look like:
>
>         Development cycle ends: 2016-9-10

That is quick :)  Fine by me, but I've a whole bunch of
modesetting / prime patches (all bugfixes really) I would like to get in
before then.

These have been reviewed and are awaiting pushing:

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/106849/
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/106850/

These are waiting for review:

modesetting: Implement DRI2InfoRec version 9 callbacks series:
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/105350/
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/105351/
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/105352/

modesetting: Fall back to primary crtc for vblank for drawables on slave outputs:
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/107787/
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/107096/
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/107269/

cursor: add hw cursor support for prime
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/108662/

While asking for reviews, I know that Peter is waiting for
this one to get reviewed, and I believe this should also
get merged for 1.19:

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/106534/

And while looking at patchwork, I noticed that we've
a bunch of input threading fixes for xf86-input-evdev,
xf86-input-mouse and xf86-input-kbd pending which need
to get reviewed / pushed too:

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/90137/
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/90345/
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/90480/