Proposed X server 1.19 schedule

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Sep 2 05:33:23 UTC 2016

Following the 'release early and often' mantra, we should probably get
1.19 out the door and let people start using the new code.

I'd like to propose that we figure out what remaining non-bug changes
we'd like to get merged in the next week (or two?), then move into a
non-critical bug fix period for two weeks followed by three or four
weeks of critical bug fixing and testing. That would look like:

        Development cycle ends: 2016-9-10
        Non-critical bugs:      2016-9-24
        Critical-bugs:          2016-10-22

We can chat about how things are going at XDC, of course.

This is only a proposal; let's try to generate some rough consensus in
the next day or two on a final schedule.

--
-keith