Cleaning up Xorg patchwork a bit

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 14:45:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

So as the 2 pull-reqs I send out earlier today show, we unfortunately
have patches falling through the cracks every now and then.

On one hand this is unavoidable and it is up to the submitter to ping
us if this happens, OTOH we could / should do better IMHO.

I believe that having an actual up2date patchwork is the best way
to do better.

So I believe we should cleanup our patchwork, so that it only contains
really pending patches, I'm afraid that going through all patches
still in there reflects an insurmountable amount of work, but still
I would like to take a shot and at least clean out some low hanging
fruit.

The plan is as follows:
1) If the patch is superseeded, otherwise obsolete, or nacked but
  never marked as such in patchwork mark it as such
2) If the patch is still relevant review it
2a) If I'm not familiar enough with the code in question (and the patch is not trivial enough)
     resend it to the list marked [resend]
2b) If I'm confident the patch is ok, then:
2b1) For non server patches, push it
2b2) For server patches put in my tree, send out a pull-req with a
  bunch of these every now and then

Would that be ok ? And how do I get the necessary patchwork rights
to do this ?

Regards,

Hans