Migrating away from using cpp for startx and xinitrc in xinit

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Tue Feb 10 03:04:05 PST 2015

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 23:39:06 -0800 Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia
<jeremyhu at freedesktop.org> said:

> It seems that using cpp for startx and xinitrc in the xinit port is coming
> back to bite us now as different C preprocessors don't exactly process non-C
> files in ways that we might want.
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46811#comment:4
>
> Does anyone have any strong opinions about this state of affairs and how we
> should address it?  If not, I'll mull it over for a while and try to figure
> something out.

we had this problem long ago and solved it by shipping our own cpp:

http://git.enlightenment.org/core/efl.git/tree/src/bin/edje/epp

it's not actually "ours" - it's an ancient stand-alone gpl stand-alone cpp that
we KNOW works and outputs exactly what we expect/want. you could do the same.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com