[BUG] Window resizing broken

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 8 00:15:37 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-08 08:57 (GMT+0200) Knut Petersen composed:

> Jasper St. Pierre wrote:

>> Resizing by window borders is a WM operation, is it not?

> I agree. But the WM relies on services provided by Xorg.

>> What WM are you using, and does it work on other WMs?

> I'm using KDE, the original openSuSE 13.1 binaries. No other WM tested up to now, and I don't think that it is really necessary.

> I have several complete Xorg trees installed, normally my testX script looks for the most recent and uses it. If there is a problem
> with that tree I can easily overrule the selection. I think it's clear that it would be false to blame KDE if it works as expected with
> all old trees but fails with the tree fetched and compiled three days ago.

> As I wrote in the original mail, it is impossible to grab a window border.

Works in KDE in 13.1 and 13.2 just fine here. Last booted a few hours ago, 13.1:
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Xorg/Pass/panning1920x1200on1440x0900server11599901073045-rv370atiVGA-os131kde4115.png
and 13.2 before
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Xorg/Pass/panning2560x1600on1440x0900server115999010730410-rv370atiVGA-os132kde41297.png

Currently booted another system also 13.2 running 4.12.97 KDE and server
1.15.99.901.7-304.10.i586 from BS repo X11:XOrg.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/