[BUG] Window resizing broken

Knut Petersen Knut_Petersen at t-online.de
Mon Apr 7 23:57:47 PDT 2014

On 08.04.2014 02:08, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
> Resizing by window borders is a WM operation, is it not?

I agree. But the WM relies on services provided by Xorg.

> What WM are you using, and does it work on other WMs?

I'm using KDE, the original openSuSE 13.1 binaries. No other WM tested up to now, and I don't think that it is really necessary.

I have several complete Xorg trees installed, normally my testX script looks for the most recent and uses it. If there is a problem
with that tree I can easily overrule the selection. I think it's clear that it would be false to blame KDE if it works as expected with
all old trees but fails with the tree fetched and compiled three days ago.

As I wrote in the original mail, it is impossible to grab a window border. Probably that was not clear enough:

Expected behavior: If the mouse cursor hits a window border, it changes it appearance and stays at the same location. If the left mouse button
is depressed the window might be resized.

Current behavior: The mouse cursor hits a window border, it does not change its appearance and is relocated a few pixels instead. If the mouse
cursor is moved a bit further there is a second unexpected relocation to the opposite direction. This new behavior of the mouse cursor has been
implemented for both axes. Resizing is impossible as the mouse cursor cannot be put exactly on the window border.

cu,
  Knut