xf86-video-armsoc, Mali and exynos4

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Tue Nov 12 13:49:04 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 02:48:32PM -0600, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I'm wondering if you have a couple of minutes to update us on the
> status and direction of xf86-video-armsoc.
>
> I'm running it here on Exynos4 (Mali-400) with exynos_drm, but as you
> would expect, the currently available Mali GLES/EGL binaries don't
> work with it. Do you know if there are compatible binaries available
> or if they will become available in future? I realise that your
> original mail seemed to focus more on T6xx.
>
> Also, just curious if there is any recent change in direction or
> plans; I saw some discussions suggesting that the idea of doing one
> DDX for all SoCs might not hold going forward.
>
> cheers
> Daniel

Fwiw, I am happily using a derivative of the standard fbdev driver on my
sunxi and exynos based devices. Namely fbturbo which is being done by
Siarhei Siamashka. For sunxi, it includes some knowledge about the
strangely implemented display engine, for exynos, it currently speeds up
some operations using neon assembler.

Luc Verhaegen