xf86-video-armsoc, Mali and exynos4

Daniel Drake drake at endlessm.com
Tue Nov 12 12:48:32 PST 2013

Hi Tom,

I'm wondering if you have a couple of minutes to update us on the
status and direction of xf86-video-armsoc.

I'm running it here on Exynos4 (Mali-400) with exynos_drm, but as you
would expect, the currently available Mali GLES/EGL binaries don't
work with it. Do you know if there are compatible binaries available
or if they will become available in future? I realise that your
original mail seemed to focus more on T6xx.

Also, just curious if there is any recent change in direction or
plans; I saw some discussions suggesting that the idea of doing one
DDX for all SoCs might not hold going forward.

cheers
Daniel