NetBSD-specific changes for xf86-input-keyboard

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Jul 30 14:54:54 PDT 2013

On 07/28/13 07:28 AM, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 06:40:33PM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>> Since this is a huge pile of patches, and you've been upstreaming a lot lately,
>> is it time to discuss git commit access so you can push them yourself instead
>> of having to wait both for someone to review and for a committer to push?
>
> I'd appreciate that! Let me know how to go forward on this one, and
> please also tell me how to use the commit bit properly.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests/ covers how to request an
account which will let you have write access to the git repos hosted on
freedesktop.org.

http://www.x.org/wiki/RepoPolicy/ mostly covers how to use the power once
you have it.  New committers are more strongly encouraged to send code out
for review before committing, more experienced users may push smaller & more
obvious changes to the less heavily trafficed repos (apps, libs, fonts, etc.)
without review first (you may have noticed a difference between the traffic
I generate on xorg-commits vs. xorg-devel, as I've learned over time what things
are most likely not to get reviewed).   And of course, the Xserver is a special
case that requires someone like Keith to pull, instead of developers directly
pushing.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com