brokenness of dri1

Dave Airlie airlied at
Tue Sep 25 23:09:28 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied at> wrote:
> In a further effort to show how little testing outside developers we
> get, I tried to check dri1 :-)
> Its been broken in a subtlle manner thanks to Keith at
> faeebead7bfcc78535757ca7acc1faf7554c03b7 which was back in the 1.8
> days.
> It was then noticeably broken by Daniel in
> 459c6da0f907ba33d733c7e62a116184ba2f14e5
> the thing is the check for DRIGeneration != serverGeneration was
> probably always bogus, but in the first commit it meant we never
> called DRIExtensionInit internals, the second commit moved some code
> into that and that broken drm module loading as the drmServer stuff
> never got initialised.
> Now I'm wondering what the correct form for that check should be,
> since at the moment DRIGeneration is 0 and serverGeneration is 1 at
> entry to that function.

Okay its not as bad as all that its just Daniel's commit that really
broken stuff, since I didn't realise ExtensionInit we called after
ScreenInit and Daniel's commit moved the drmSetServerInfo into there
when its actually needed where the module loader used to call, nice

I really hope the rest of the extension init changes are as quality.


More information about the xorg-devel mailing list