new xserver 1.13 stable branch maintainer

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Sep 25 18:13:20 PDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 02:53:06PM +0200, Matt Dew wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I've volunteered to drink from the fire hose and help out/take on
> xserver stable branch maintainer responsibilities from Jeremy for
> server 1.13.
>
> I've mainly done documentation and EVoC so this is new to me and
> somewhat outside my comfort zone.   I'll do my best but please have
> patience. Upfront: I'm gonna miss some stuff, make some mistakes and
> will be asking a lot of, some probably really stupid,  questions and
> probably not ask questions I don't know to ask.    Jeremy, Keith,
> Peter, Alan  heads up.
>
> The current schedule is listed at:
> http://www.x.org/wiki/Server113Branch
>
> Peter, Jeremy,  what else should I have said?

looks good, and thank you for stepping up to do this. I've written up a
small wiki page with the few things that need to be done and known by the
stable branch maintainer. let me know if there's anything missing and I'll
add it, feel free to reword this for bits I skipped.
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/XServerStableBranchManagement

Especially as you go along, adding and extending a FAQ section would likely
be helpful to future branch maintainers (unless you've signed up for life ;)

You should now also have write access to the Xorg google calendar,
please put the proposed dates for the 1.13.x RCs and releases in there.
Finally, your branch page is here:
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Server113Branch

I just copied this from the 1.12 branch page so here too feel free to modify
it as you see fit.

Cheers,
   Peter