server-1.12-branch

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Mar 13 15:56:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 9 March 2012 22:47, Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 12:56:52 -0800, Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
>> Are you going to pull in Daniel's code style change now?   Of all the -next
>> candidates from the last few months, that was the biggest I remember.
>
> Yes, that needs to happen now or not at all. It will make back-porting
> fixes painful for a while, but the alternative is to forever live with
> the existing mish-mash of coding styles.
>
> Daniel: do you want to re-spin the patch for 1.12 now? iirc, it was just
> a purely mechanical operation, right?

I've revived this and put the result (for now) into
people.fd.o/~daniels/xserver:coding-style, but indent is prone to
doing some moderately insane things, so I've been going through the
results one-by-one (ugh) over the past couple of nights and fixing up
what's broken.  If time is of the essence I could push this now and
then push series of smaller fixup commits later.

> The testing I did last time was to compare the emitted instruction
> sequences for every file compiled for my environment.

Ooh right, I'll do that too.  Have you got the exact commands you used?

Cheers,
Daniel