FOSS.in Call for Participation

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Jun 27 10:00:21 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 27 June 2012 17:25, Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
> On 06/27/12 07:44 AM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>> If someone in the region wanted to present on a topic related to the
>> free graphics stack (X.Org, Mesa, DRI, Wayland, etc.) and the only
>> thing stopping them was travel expenses, the X.Org Board may be willing
>> to sponsor a reasonable travel budget for those who are accepted into
>> the program.   (No guarantees until you actually ask us - just saying
>> we're happy to discuss it, and have provided similar funding in the
>> past for people who needed it to present at FOSDEM & similar venues.)
>
> Also, we're happy to consider requests for other conferences as well, not
> just the ones we publicize - if there's something to do at FISL, SCALE,
> Linux Plumbers, or any other event, it can't hurt to ask the Board.

In that case, I should probably note that the linux.conf.au 2013
(January 28th - February 2nd) Call for Papers is out now, and closes
in just over a week: http://linux.conf.au/cfp

Submit submit submit!  I'll vote really highly in exchange for someone
fixing some of the open XKB bugs. ;)

Cheers,
Daniel