anongit down?

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Fri Feb 3 07:40:26 PST 2012

CB> Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com> (02/02/2012):
>> Just wondering if I missed an announcement somewhere but I haven't
>> been able to access anongit.freedesktop.org for the last couple hours.

CB> Until it's fixed, you can put that in your ~/.gitconfig:

CB> [url "ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git"]
CB>     insteadOf = "git://anongit.freedesktop.org"

Or, if you do not have an fdo account, "git://annarchy.freedesktop.org"
should work:

 [url "git://annarchy.freedesktop.org"]
     insteadOf = "git://anongit.freedesktop.org"

(Anongit used to point to annarchy.)

Yesterday's suggestions were to force anongit to resolve to annarchy's
ip in one's local resolver, but url insteadOf looks cleaner, I think.

-JimC