transset

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud at andesi.org
Wed Oct 12 20:32:00 PDT 2011

Hello,

Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> writes:

> Never migrated to git, or autoconf, or anything.
>
> I do have  a git repo of  it, with autoconf support added,  that I was
> preparing for upload to xorg/apps once upon a time, but never finished
> getting there,  and am still  not sure if  we should, given  the adhoc
> license notice in the code:
>
> /*  Simple program  to  toggle Translucency  property  on next  window
> clicked
>    Uses dsimple.h  and dsimple.c from  xlsfonts.  Based on  xprops and
>    xwininfo
>
>    By Matthew Hawn Use however you want. I can't stop you.
> */

About the license notice:
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/t/transset-df/transset-df_6-1/transset-df.copyright

> I can pass that off if someone wants  to try to fix this up to make it
> publishable as an Xorg app.  I think a number of distros do still ship
> it.

Well, if nobody is interested, I would be willing to do it.

Perhaps  we could  merge patches  from transset-df  fork[0]  (CC'ing the
author  of the fork  as well),  if the  author agrees  of course,  as it
provides some interesting improvements?

Regards,
--
Arnaud Fontaine