xf86-input-synaptics

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu May 5 16:16:38 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 09:35:52AM +0200, Cedric Sodhi wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I've two questions concerning synaptic:
>
> 1.) I've one of those snyaptics driven HP "Clickpads" (HP Touchsmart
> tm2) and it has a little LED on it, which is supposed to be lit when the
> TP is off, but it doesn't when I turn the TP off with synclient. Why, or
> how do I fix that?

not yet. clickpad patches were floating around at some point but IIRC the
last round of them had a few outstanding review comments.

> 2.) Would you consider including an option which turns the touchpad off
> on keyboard (or other) input into the driver - so that ones doesnt
> requie a helper program for that?

no, the driver doesn't know when keyboard input is made. and given that any
such option will soon want about 15 configuration options, it's better to
keep it in a client program.

Cheers,
  Peter